Adelaide

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Heavenly Father is Trying to Tell me Some Things......I am Trying to Listen!

The last week or so has been one of great personal enlightenment for me.  I went to the joint Priesthood and Relief Society meeting where they showed a video on the church's "new" missionary program.  As I sat, watching the video, I felt so strongly that I really need to refocus my life a bit.  I have been SO consumed with politics and the awful things happening in this country, I have become more and more depressed and hopeless and ANGRY.  I still believe it is important to keep up with what's going on and I still am NOT someone who can just sit by and watch things happening that I KNOW are wrong and not try to do something about it.  I totally believe the quote by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that says, ""He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."  However, I realized that my life has been very unbalanced of late.  I have focused so much attention on protesting against evil that I have not been working to do as much good.  I was so grateful to have this little moment of inspiration and, since then, I have been trying very hard to do some good each day.  I have not done anything really huge or noteworthy, just things like visitng people, being friendly to those who serve me in stores and other places, working a little harder on my callings, writing letters.....stuff like that.  But the difference in how I feel has been wonderful.  Yes, we DO have to fight evil but we also NEED good in our lives every, single day. 

2 comments:

  1. cinda, excellent post. I love you learning and the effort you made. it inspires me! I love your life has been better. there is no price for that. lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete