Adelaide

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's Back to School I Go!

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for the kids.  I, of course, have been at school for the past few weeks, getting my classroom ready.  I had to change rooms again -- the 4th move in the past 6 years.  It is always just a terrible challenge.  I have also changed grades.  After about 27 years of teaching primary grades, I am now a 6th grade teacher.  (Or, at least, I will be tomorrow!)  I gave away all of my Kindergarten and Primary grade things -- no place to put them -- so there's no going back!  At any rate, I took some pictures of my classroom today, in all it's glory.

This is my desk area.  I still have a few empty spaces to fill.  But I am loving it so far!


 
 


I have two cupboards for my things.  In the top picture, the bins are all labelled and put in alphabetical order.  In the bottom picture, the bins are labelled but just put where they would fit.  I am loving the organization!



My classroom library area, complete with a globe that lights up and my ever-growing collection of upper-grade books. 

I will take more pictures tomorrow.  I am feeling nervous but excited.  I hope I can do 6th grade!!

1 comment:

  1. you will be a champ!! your room is awesome. i love the reading bench. and the globe. every child should have the world. let us know how it goes!! i know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete