Adelaide

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What I Did During My Summer Vacation.....

Each year, as the school year draws to an end, I have to really force myself to think about the good things I've accomplished with my kids. If I do not do this, I tend to feel overwhelmed with the thought that it's almost over and I haven't done anything or done enough. I always try to think of at least a few of my students who I KNOW I have helped and who will be better for having been in my class. Thankfully, I am always able to think of someone who fits into that category.

At the end of summer, I am again overwhelmed with guilt/frustration/worry that I have not accomplished anything/enough during my time off. I, again, have to really force myself to think of good things I have done so that I don't feel like I have entirely wasted the summer. This post, then, is my list of what I did during my summer vacation. I write it so that I can feel somewhat OK about the summer coming to an end.

1. I visited my Dad and Lynne in Placerville.
2. I went to Costume College and taught two very successful classes there.
3. I organized my craft supplies a bit better.
4. I got rid of some of the clothes and things that I no longer use. (I still need to get rid of TONS more!)
5. I taught Sonja and her daughters how to do wire bead wrapping and how to make jewelry.
6. I got Abby spayed, declawed, and innoculated with the necessary shots.
7. I connected with Marci during the summer (as we always SAY we will do!) and had a lovely day with her in Yuma.
8. I talked Roger into hiring someone to take care of the yard. (Sadly, he did not finish everything he was supposed to do and we are going to have to find a different person to take care of things on a permanent basis.)
9. I visited Jon and Judy Ritchie in Glendale for an afternoon.
10. I had my wedding ring check and cleaned.
11. I read some good books. I haven't had time to read for pleasure for MONTHS!

Sadly, there are many things I have NOT accomplished. My list of things to do seems never-ending. But I AM glad for the things I HAVE managed to get done. And, I look forward, (in some ways, anyway) to another school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment